The Annual Company Levy in Cyprus – How to pay?
By Simon O' Connor, 26th June 2015
On the 21st of December 2012 the Cyprus Parliament introduced a Law regarding the special levy on Cyprus Companies. A levy has been enforced on Cyprus Companies for the amount of €350 per annum.
All companies registered in Cyprus must pay this fixed annual fee from the year of registration and it must be paid no later than the 30th of June for each relevant year. Please note, Companies in liquidation are exempt from the annual levy.
If a company is delayed with payment of the levy the following additional fees will apply
· 10% penalty for payments delayed up to 2 months from the due date
· 40% penalty for payments delayed over 2 months and up to 5 months from the due date
· If a company does not comply with the levy or penalties, the Registrar of Companies may strike of the company from the Registry
· A company may be reinstated within a period of two years from the date of strike off provided a fixed penalty of €500 has been paid to the Registrar. If the period exceeds 2 years, a company may be reinstated provided a fixed penalty of €750 has been paid to the Registrar.
How to pay
1. Go to the website https://www.jccsmart.com/
2. Click the "annual company fee" logo (fifth on the first row).
3. Then click on "Annual Company Fee for 2015"
4. Then it will take you to a new screen where you have to log on
5. In the new screen you need to place the registration number of your company, and click "Next".
6. Then, you need to put the details of your card and proceed with the payment.