INCORPORATE A NEW COMPANY IN THE QATAR
The Qatari governments economic development strategy has proven to be very succesful and has helped Qatar become the wealthiest country in the world. The country's investment incentives, banking services, infrastructure, political and social stability all contribute to creating an excellent enviroment for business.
Types of company in Qatar:
- Partnership Company
- Limited Partnership Company
- Particular Partnership Company
- Shareholding Company
- Limited Share Partnership Company
- Limited Liability Company
- Single Person Company
- Holding Company
The most frequently incorporated company in Qatar for foreign investors is a Limited Liability Company (LLC). In most cases a foreign investor will require one or more Qatari partners to be involved in the company and to stand as the majority shareholder. The Qatari partner would typically hold 51% of the shares of the LLC and the foreign investor would own the remaining 49% of the company. A seprate profit share arrangement can then be arranged which will not reflect the shareholding agreements.
Main features of a Limited Liabilty Company:
- A minimum share capital of 200,000 QR is required
- An office space is required for a minimum of one year lease prior in order to obtain a trade license
- A minimum of 51% of the companies shareholding to be owned by Qatari unless an exemption has been granted
- 10% of each year's net profits must be kept within the company until the legal reserve stands at 50% of the share capital.
For more information on incorpating a company in Qatar, please do not hesitate to contact the experts in Euro Company Formations.